Sunday, February 5, 2012

First Concert of the Year: Kelly Clarkson

My New Years resolution for 2012 is to attend as many concerts as I possibly can. I love being surrounded by people who have the same love of that band as I do. I love "people watching" at these types of events. Most of all, I love experiencing the different concert environments.

The first concert of the year was Kelly Clarkson on January 31st in Durham, North Carolina at the Durham Performing Arts Center.

Kelly Clarkson is a force to be reckoned with. When she says "Jump!" during her hit song "Since You Been Gone", you jump. It doesn't matter if you like the song or not, you are so caught up in her energy that you find yourself getting the best workout of the week! Her high energy and love of crowd involvement creates an incredibly fun environment for everyone attending.

Her voice is so unbelievably strong. As soon as you think she can't get any better, she blows you away with a power ballad.When Kelly sings, the audience is right there with her feeling that emotion. She feels the music so much that you can hear the emotion in her voice and it is enough to bring a grown man to tears.

At the concert in Durham, Kelly covered "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles, by the end of the song she was in tears and the rest of us were in awe. Watch it and I promise you will understand.





I would recommend that everyone attends a Kelly Clarkson concert at least once in their life. There is no limit to her vocal capabilities and she always leaves you wanting more.

1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun night! There's absolutely nothing like a Kelly Clarkson concert and I totally agree that everyone should experience one of her concerts at least once.

    I think I could go to a Kelly Clarkson concert every week and never tire of being amazed.

    ReplyDelete